For years, I have been developing the idea of a magazine focused on diversity – a magazine that would enlighten and challenge readers. With the arrival of Texas Diversity, I see a tremendous opportunity to appeal to a wide array of people in the community – since, after all our magazine is all about inclusion.
I want Texas Diversity to be a source of knowledge about the benefits of diversity and its impact, not only on business performance but also on community well-being. Texas Diversity will provide a platform to celebrate diversity and create healthy discussions on the topic of diversity in our state.
With this in mind, our inaugural issue featured the Most Powerful and Influential Women in Texas as a way to honor the accomplishments and contributions of female leaders in our state. We explore other women’s issues, including work/life balance and taking smart risks to ensure success. In other stories, we examine the business case for diversity, the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, and the impact of a nonprofit organization on a predominately African-American community. As part of our sections, we offer insights on diversity best practices and inclusion in all aspects of life.
Creating a magazine from scratch is no easy task, and the team that I assembled has done a great job making Texas Diversity happen. I invite you to be part of this dream come true and the journey that follows it. Along the way, let us hear from you, our reader, as we are here to serve you.
Publisher and Founder
Articles about Dennis Kennedy
- Dennis Kennedy, Founder, Energy Diversity & Inclusion Council
- In His Quest For Social Justice, Dennis Kennedy Launches New Energy Diversity Council
- Dennis Kennedy Founder of the National Diversity Council: “If I could inspire a movement, it would definitely be providing more opportunities for youth in inner cities to reach their full potential, while focusing on education reform.”
- Barack Obama Touts Tolerance, Inclusion, Texas Barbecue at Dallas Diversity Conference
- The Recipe to Individual Success? Barack Obama says Innovation, Hard Work, and Resilience
- Embracing Diversity - Southwest Airlines Supports Inclusion and Equality at Every Level.
- How to Leverage Generational Diversity
- 'Justice Will Prevail,' Chancellor Tells Campus Diversity Conference
- Hispanic/Latino Summit to Address Pressing Social Issues
- Dennis Kennedy Lifetime Achievement Award
- Dennis Kennedy Meets Colin Powell, 2007
- Dennis Kennedy Gives $20,000 To Fund College Scholarships
- Diversity Awareness Council Formed by Professor at UTSA
- Learning Curve
- Speaker at Youth Program
- Dennis Kennedy's Photo Gallery